Ingredients needed for Peanut Pakoda
- Raw or Roasted Peanuts : 1 Cup/150g
- Rice Flour/Corn flour : ½ cup
- Gram Flour (Besan) : ½ Cup
- Ginger Garlic paste : 1 tsp.
- Asafetida (Hing) : ¼ tsp.
- Cumin powder (Jeera) : ½ tsp.
- Red Chili Powder : 2 tsp.
- Butter : 1 tbsp.
- Salt : ½ tsp. (As required)
- Oil (for deep fry)
How to make Badam/Peanut Pakoda
It you using raw Peanuts, just roast it on medium flame for 2-3 minutes only.
Keep the Peanuts aside, In the meanwhile take a mixing bowl then add Rice flour, Gram flour, Ginger Garlic paste, Asafetida, Cumin powder, Salt, Butter and mix it gently by hand, now sprinkle little amount of water to form a soft stiff dough.
Now, add roasted peanuts into solution and mix it, make sure all the Peanuts is stick to the dough if not then mix it gently.
Now heat Oil for deep fry on medium flame, (for heat checking just pour a drop of batter (mixture) in Oil if it will become brown color its mean Oil is ready for fry) and put coated Peanuts in the Oil, Don’t add in lumps, Otherwise it will not fry well, so try to separate well.
Fry the Peanut Pakoda on medium flame, until its color become Golden Brown. While taking out from the pan, increase the flame to high and take it out.
For drain the extra Oil keep the Peanut Pakoda on any tissue paper or towel. Do the same process for remaining mixture.
Let them cool for few minutes, so that it will become crunchy, you can also store it in a clean air tight container.
- Do not add too much water and make the batter runny. Just sprinkle little water. The peanuts should be coated with batter but not to be floated in batter.
- Do not fry Badam Pakoda to much at the same time, put as much as it could not form lumps.